Trainee Universal Grinder
Reporting To: Manufacturing Supervisor
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering and manufacturing company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas.
We are seeking an individual to be trained as a Universal Grinder. Working in an air conditioned and extracted grinding shop the position would suit candidates who have completed a craft apprenticeship and looking to develop their skills as a Universal Grinder, possibly their first position and working alongside, and with training, from the current Universal Grinder.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience of working in an engineering machine shop
- Understand limits and fits, working to tolerances of 5 microns
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to measure / inspect own work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Engineering qualification or suitable experience
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels internally
We will offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits.
- Core hours of work are 39 per week based on Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 07:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and your own transport will be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a personal statement, to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES THANK YOU