TEST AND SERVICE ENGINEER
Reporting To: Operations Director
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering and production company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas.
Due to growth in sales over the previous years there is a need to increase our service, assembly, and test department to support both our customers and our Test and Service Supervisor.
Whilst onsite at our manufacturing facility the role will mainly be the build and test of Torquemeters equipment to include:
- Customer support
- Telephone, remote and email support and use of IT systems to retrieve data.
- In house calibrations, overhauls, and repairs
- Mechanical disassembly and assembly, repair and/or replacement of worn parts.
- Electrical PC board level diagnosis, calibration, repair and/or replace and test.
- Test and Electrical build
- Cable preparation.
- Mechanical assembly.
- Panel wiring.
- Calibration, configuration, and test of final product.
The global field service role, in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical environments and Aerospace test departments, currently makes up around a third of this role.
This will involve:
- Mechanical installation including alignment of Torquemeters product to customer rotating machinery.
- Electrical installation of systems and cabling.
- Commissioning our equipment.
- Electrical and Mechanical fault diagnosis.
- On-site maintenance and calibration.
- Writing professional reports for customers and internal use.
Travel on behalf of the company will attract payments of overnight and overtime rates in addition to usual monthly salary.
Key skill requirements
The successful candidate must have:
- Electrical or mechanical engineering qualification to either NVQ3 level, City and Guilds, or apprentice trained with an electrical bias.
- Availability to travel worldwide, alone on occasions (onshore and offshore), sometimes at short notice.
- Full clean driving licence
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels with both customers and in-house.
- A willingness to become a Torquemeters product expert.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependent on company profits.
Core hours of work are 39 per week based on Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 07:30 – 12:30.
Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural Northamptonshire location, and your own transport will be required.
Please send in your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org