Reporting To: Quality Manager
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering and production company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas.
The company has a well-established ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS), and is in the process of working towards accreditation to UKAS standards for calibration of its torque transducers. Due to increased workload we wish to recruit a Quality Technician, with a view to this person possibly moving into a Quality Management role within a few years.
Working closely with the Quality Manager the successful candidate will help maintain and improve the company’s ISO9001:2015 QMS.
Duties in the role include
- Improve internal procedures and documentation
- Obtain and analyse key performance data and report / present it to all levels of the business
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce lead times and maximise profit
- Record and review quality problems, analysing root cause and implement corrective actions liaising directly with customers and suppliers
- Collate project quality records to enable product sign off
- Support internal audit plan and conduct audits across the company
- Monitor and audit supplier performance
- Implement systems to gain UKAS accreditation to ISO17025
Key skill requirements
- Excellent understanding of ISO9001:2015 backed up by proven auditing skills, including internal audits and supplier audits
- Understanding of mechanical engineering machining, measurement and special processes
- Excellent spreadsheet skills to analyse and report on data
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business and manage supplier and customer concerns in a professional manner
- Problem solving techniques, such as root cause analysis
- Good understanding of uncertainty measurement for UKAS calibrations
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems (MRP)
Crystal report writing skills or ability to extract information from databases is desirable
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependent on company profits.
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and your own transport will be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a brief personal statement, to email@example.com