Reporting To: Operations Director
Direct reports: Quality Technician
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering, design and manufacturing company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas.
The company has a well-established ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and where appropriate, ISO/IEC 80079-34:2011. It recently received accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard for calibration of its torque transducers.
Taking ownership of the Quality department you will be responsible for maintaining the quality management system and leading the development of a progressive culture within the business. You will drive product quality and reliability improvements whilst also establishing and implementing opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce lead times and maximise profit.
Duties in the role include
- Improving internal procedures and documentation
- Analysing key performance data and report / present it to all levels of the business
- Reviewing quality concerns, analysing root cause and implement corrective actions liaising directly with employees, customers and suppliers
- Planning and implementation of annual internal audit plan ensuring audits conducted across all departments within the company
- Developing supplier relationships and monitoring and reporting their performance
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable standards, regulations and laws with respect to product quality and supply.
Key skill requirements
- At least 5 years' experience operating as a quality manager, preferably within an engineering environment.
- Must be a good communicator, ability to influence with excellent fluency in spoken and written English
- Self-starter, effective time manager and a positive and supportive line manager
- Assertive, with diplomatic skills and a good appreciation of business and commercial needs
- Understanding of precision engineering, machining, measurement and special processes is preferred
- Report writing and presentation skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems (MRP)
- Membership of professional body Chartered Quality Institute is preferred
- Crystal report writing skills or ability to extract information from databases is desirable
We will offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependent on company profits.
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and your own transport will be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a brief personal statement, to email@example.com