I.T. SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Reporting To: To be determined
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas.
Due to increasing volumes of both work and employees we now need bespoke I.T. Internal Support. This new role will be principally office based, and on occasion, some out of hour’s support may be required.
- Managing the relationship, and working with, our IT support company and other application support companies in managing all internal infrastructure including hardware, software, server OS, firewall, wireless and LAN
- Be a key member of the project team in implementing changeover to a new ERP system, mapping and cleansing existing data, and providing users with necessary reports
- Providing Desktop support to users
- Purchasing and configuring new hardware
- Providing IT support for SolidWorks CAD and PDM systems
- Administering Office 365, Azure and on premise Active directory
- Monitoring on site and cloud back-up infrastructure
- Ensuring business continuity through constant improvement of systems and disaster recovery planning
- Maintaining user and network security, implementing best practice and training users
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- Knowledge of SQL and managing multiple SQL server instances
- Need excellent Excel skills in handling and sorting data
- Microsoft Business 365 management and configuration
- Project Management skills
- VMWare experience in a production environment
- Networking skills including DHCP, DNS, Firewall knowledge and administration
- Veeam Backup experience or previous experience of Physical/Virtual backup products
- SharePoint skills may be useful for future developments
- Relevant academic and application specific qualifications
As an employee of Torquemeters Limited you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
We will offer a salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus usual statutory Bank Holidays.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location not served by public transport and therefore your own transport will be required.
Please send your CV, together with a brief personal statement, to firstname.lastname@example.org