EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
Reporting To: Electrical Systems Manager
- Design, development, and testing of a range of bespoke electronic transducers
- Development and implementation of Labview based Data Acquisition systems
- Creation of system specifications and test documentation to a high standard
- Validation of designs to meet legislative requirements
- Assist with fault finding and rectification both in-house and at customer sites within UK and internationally
- Qualified to NVQ 5 minimum / degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of electrical legislation and compliance techniques UKCA, CE, UL, CSA
- Knowledge of EMC standards and design
- Practical experience of designing and developing Labview based test software
- Electrical CAD Design
- Programming skills in C++/Python, Labview
- Ability to develop embedded electronic products including microcontrollers, analogue, FPGA and RF circuits including coding in C++ and/or Python
- Experience in CAD design of electronic circuits and systems
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Creation of high-quality project documentation
- Self-motivated with effective time management to meet project timescales
- Possessing elevated levels of written and verbal communication internally and with customers
- Commercial awareness of project budgets, plans specifications and timescales
- Able to travel and work internationally as required
As an employee of Torquemeters Limited you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits.
Support to apply and maintain IET membership will be available.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location not served by public transport and therefore your own transport will be required.
Please send your CV, together with a brief personal statement, to firstname.lastname@example.org