Reporting To: CAD Team Leader
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering company that enjoys a global reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test systems.
Covering Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Motorsport, Automotive and Research markets.
We require an experienced CAD design engineer to study, research and develop ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of bespoke rotating machinery, couplings and test beds that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, whilst ensuring the design is as cost effective and efficient as possible, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- brainstorming design solutions
- studying a design brief and researching whether it will work and be cost-effective
- performing initial sizing calculations
- assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create viable solutions
- conducting and documenting formal design reviews
- producing detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.
- creating the inspection and test schedule
Applicants must have:
- A 2.1 degree or HND in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3D CAD / 2D CAD experience and abilities; ideally CREO Elements
Key skill requirements
- a creative flair and design ability with strong visual and spatial awareness
- excellent attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
- strong maths and IT skills
- problem solver, self-starter and multi-tasker with good team working mentality
- strong written and oral communication
- proven time management and procedural abilities
We offer an excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus. 25 days paid annual leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays.
As an employee of Torquemeters Limited you will operate in accordance with our quality procedures and receive ongoing personal development and training opportunities.
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location, and own transport plus a full UK driving licence will be required.
Please send in your CV, together with a personal statement, to email@example.com