Manual / CNC Miller & Turner
Torquemeters is a specialist engineering and production company with a worldwide reputation as an innovator in low volume, high performance solutions for torque measurement, power transmission and test bed systems across various industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy and oil & gas. Each year we export between 80-90% of our bespoke goods outside of the UK.
Due to our long-serving employee who will be retiring, we wish to recruit a Manual / CNC Miller & Turner to work in our machine shop making precision parts for use in Torquemeters’ own products.
Reporting To: Production Manager
- Making one-offs and small batches of complex precision machined components from various aerospace grade materials
- Accurately inspecting and measuring components using various inspection equipment including, but not limited to, Micrometers, Verniers and Plug Gauges
- Setting and Operating Manual/CNC Mills and Lathes using Fanuc controls
- Writing CNC programs using AlphaCam and/or CAD/CAM post processors
Key Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a precision machining environment
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and engineering drawings
- Ability to produce complex components to drawing tolerance and specifications, efficiently and accurately.
- Adherence to quality standards
- Possessing an enthusiastic can-do attitude with an eye for detail
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the abilities and experience that you bring to us, together with an excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits.
- 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4.30pm & Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
- Five weeks paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays
Torquemeters premises are situated in a rural location not served by public transport and therefore your own transport will be required.
Please send your CV, together with a brief personal statement, to email@example.com